Thursday, September 15, 2011

Time, time, time...

I asked Carson if he wanted to go for a walk today, and he said, "Too much to do, mom. Too much to do." He said this as he was putting his blankets and his dog, Jackson into our laundry basket. Of course, this makes me laugh because I figure that he learned that phrase from me. It sure is nice to slow down and enjoy the little things of life!


Time sure does fly by with two little ones. We sure do have so much fun! Today, I thought it would be fun to have a little "photo shoot" with my two little cuties.










Just a quick note on our Labor Day Weekend...
On Saturday, Sept. 3, we went to my Aunt Maria and Uncle Robert's home in Colorado City, CO (yes, Colorado not in Arizona). We stayed overnight and had a lot of fun! Grandma Betty Reidhead was staying there too. We had a great visit with her. Matthew got to meet Grandma Betty. We all had a great time! 
Carson loved jumping on the tramp in Aunt Maria and Uncle Robert's backyard.

 



 We went fishing in Colorado City's town pond/lake. Other than when Carson was about 7 or 8 months old, this was his "real" first time fishing. AND, he caught a fish! He was so excited!

 Uncle Randy was also visiting for the weekend. Both he and Ricky came fishing too.
We stayed until Sunday afternoon. When we arrived home, Carson asked if we could go and visit them again. We all had such a wonderful time!   

It seems that probably 95% of the time that Matthew is awake, he is smiling and happy! We sure do love him!

LABOR DAY...


On Labor Day, Nate ran a MARATHON! Yes, a marathon. That is 26.2 miles (the 2.2 extra miles due to a long time ago change in London). I am so proud of him! He trained all summer long to run in the American Discovery Trail Marathon in Colorado Springs, CO.  Both Carson and Matthew waited patiently for their dad to cross the finish line.  

 

Ryan LeMasters (a friend from
 church) and Nate 
Nate and Aaron Hales
 (a friend from school)



I just loved both these photos! I love that Carson is standing just like Nate!

 CARSON's 3rd BIRTHDAY!!!


 Carson got a magnet puzzle, which he loves! He also got some tools.

He had such a great birthday!!!

CAMPING TIME!!!
With both Nate and me LOVING the outdoors, summer would not be right without a family camping trip! This was Matthew's first of many to come camping trips! We all had such a great time. We went to Green Mountain Campground, Colorado. We were only one of two campers there. It was great!
Yes, this squirrel was black! I had never seen
a squirrel that looked like this before!


 Carson got his blankets and told us that he was going to go nap. He's such a cutie!
 This was the beautiful stream right by our campsite!

 Mmmm, Mmmm, Camping is never complete without s'mores!
 This was our beautiful campfire at night!
 Of course, Carson didn't want to go to bed at his bedtime!


I love my boys!!!

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it great when kids act like we do? haha! Cute little Carson. These pictures are ADORABLE, Amelia! I just love your little family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amelia, you do such a great job with your blog! You are such a cute, wonderful mom!

    ReplyDelete